To make a request e-mail me at mikelaidman(@)gmail.com (take out the brackets)

1/6/08

A Return to Form


Since I've started posting again, this is the first true 30 minute sketch I've done. Hooray! I think it turned out pretty well. When I was thinking about what I should draw I had just watched the Metal Gear 20th Anniversary Video. Made me have a hankerin' for some MGS character sketching. I was going to do Snake since it's been so long since I've done him, but looking at the blog thus far, I haven't drawn a single female character, so I put Snake on the hold list for now and threw down on this Meryl in the same brush pen/blue pencil style I've done on the last few.

Her head seems too big now that I look at it. But not because her hair is huge, it's supposed to be huge. It just seems like the face looks big you know? Oh well. It's why I'm doing this, to get better right? Oh, and the gun look ricockulously bad. I had no reference to speak of.

No comments: