To make a request e-mail me at mikelaidman(@)gmail.com (take out the brackets)

10/7/09

Versus - 2 - Soviet Batman




Ah Soviet Batman from Superman Red Son. This one was another Versus with my Buddy Scott. Since I never really explained the first Versus, here's the plan: Scott Hume (site) and I pick a theme and in our own styles pop out a sketch. Whereas I usually just do Black and white, Scott's take is more colorful and has some water color work to it. So It's a nice comparison. There's a few differences to it as well in just the formatics. Since scott works with a lot of wet wet wet things the time limit is upped. This one he actually went 50 minutes on, but on the Goblin we went 45.

Now for art analysis. I wanted to put some colour into this, but I never got out to an art store to buy the necessary tools. Ah well. Not exactly a lot to this on, I figured in 5 minutes I would have had more done but I had to go back at one point and redraw an arm pre-inking. Because of the blue pencil you can't tell, but trust me, I did it. His torso's pretty wide. Maybe I shoulda called him Fatman! ha ha ha lame. Pleased most of all with the face. This Batman is a villain and I think I got the mischeivous grin I was going for.

No comments: