To make a request e-mail me at mikelaidman(@)gmail.com (take out the brackets)

9/6/09

All too Easy


Today's Pic, Darth Vader! Now something that was different about this one was I tried to draw it with ZERO visual reference. How did I do? Judge for yourself. Personally, I 'd say not too bad all things considering. There's some weirdness in the mask but it doesn't kill the drawing. you can still tell who it is. Once again I took a character who's all black and that was again a mistake. As you can see I tried to use a grey marker to do the shading which would've been a good idea if not for three things. One, It's too light a grey. Two, the marker was dying. Three, I was just about out of time when I started doing that. So now I have this big oddly grey headed Vader. Oh well. Not a bad effort.

No comments: