To make a request e-mail me at mikelaidman(@)gmail.com (take out the brackets)

9/10/09

Herr Captain my herr captain


Not often do I get to bust out the swastika in a sketch but there it is. The whole point of this drawing was more a light study than the importance of any actual drawing. I was going to do a face, but figured that might be too hard. So I figured a skull would be much easier. Less details to work around. This was actually going to be Ghost rider at first, but I thought about it and well, it's not easy to do a light study on the skull when the skull itself is the light source. Thus it became the Red Skull from Captain America comics. It seems okay to me. the drawing which was completed in about ten minutes is actually not too bad at all but the shadows which were the point took up the remaining 20. I dunno. Without a photo of a skull shaded from the same direction I don't really know how accurate this was. Hmmm

No comments: