To make a request e-mail me at mikelaidman(@)gmail.com (take out the brackets)

9/24/09

Heavenly


Wow. All I can say is I am very very happy with this. This may actually be my favorite drawing since I started 30MOF. Not the first time I've taken a crack at a character from the game Heavenly Sword, but this Nariko has a MUCH better result than the last one. I really like this drawing. My only real regret was that I wasn't able to do some of the ornate designs on the metal armor parts. I didn't really have time. No hands was actually a decision I made along the way. I was so happy with how the rest of the drawing was I didn't want to screw it up with those meat hooks I usually drop on my characters intentionally. I was going to draw the sword in the picture too, but didn't include it for the reason I didn't do the detailing on the metal. and hey, lips look good on this one too! All and all, VERY happy. Drawings like this one actually drive me onwards! LET'S KEEP GOING!

No comments: