To make a request e-mail me at mikelaidman(@)gmail.com (take out the brackets)

8/30/09

30 Minutes of Returning

Hello all. It's been over a year since I've posted anything on this blog. Why? Don't know. I keep meaning to return to it, and I just never do. Currently, I'm at a standstill in my webcomic. It's nearing it's climax and I'm having troubles with making it happen the way I want. So while I'm in writing block, I wanted to make sure I kept my drawing skills sharp, since normally after a large break I "fall off the wagon" as it were and turn out some crap. So to keep things sharp, I've started this thing again, and linked it to my Facebook account so that I can get some feedback going on. That said, I am also taking SUGGESTIONS with the facebooking. I'm not saying that I'm going to take all of them (to be honest someone's gonna pick something that'll need way more than 30 mins eventually).

To get this ball rolling, Our first drawing is (drumroll please)

Shredder from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!



Not too bad for a first foray back the thirty minutes arena. There's a few likes and dislikes though. The whole shoulders and helmet I really like. The shine on the helmet never really got incorporated into much else of the drawing past the one shoulder pad. Overall artistically I like the drawing, but proportionately what a mess. The legs are way too small in comparison with the rest of the body. You can also tell by the spikes on them and the fact that there's shading mistakes everywhere I was trying to hurry at the end of the drawing. Also the unfinished shading on the cape pretty much tells you where I was when I ran out of time.

So that's the new start of this blog. Sorry it took so long to do. I've had (and am continuing to have) scanner troubles over the last week. Apparently he version of vista I use doesn't support it. Awesome. Anyway, I'm doing some scanning on my mom's computer in the meantime. a final not though, I HAVE NEVER KEPT THIS BLOG GOING FOR MORE THAN 5 DAYS IN A ROW.

Let's see if I can break that record. See you tomorrow.

No comments: